Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Is there time limit for how long i should apply tretinoin as my facil acne treatment?

my dermatologist has prescribed me tretinoin cream 0.05% to cure my acne ( i heard its also good for hair loss, which is great considering i can also apply it liberally on my hair loosing areas) id like to know if theres a limit. Maybe until your skin starts depending on it? that happened to me once with hydrocortizone for another skin disease i had and my other doctor told me to stop using it because the affected area was addicted to the medication and it started depending on it.



The medicine is proving effective and it seems it akes about 6 weeks to see good results but i wanna know if i can keep on using it to prevent furthure acne?



Is there time limit for how long i should apply tretinoin as my facil acne treatment?

It can be used for a long time as long as it is showing some effects. If the problem you are treating are resolved then better try to wean yourself. Remember, it has good effects but some side effects are also standing by.To prevent further acne (after good results are achieved) try some other precautions.

No comments:

Post a Comment