Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Help ASAP..Hair fallout from Thyroid, can I still color?

So my hair has been falling out like crazy but due to thyroid. I want to color my hair can I still do that since it's not from coloring but from thyroid? I'm hoping the treatment will help with the texture because it is also coarse from the thyroid and maybe it will fix it. You hair usually gets better after coloring b/c of the conditioner. Or should I consult my doctor before. To be honest I am going over the edge and I am about to go Britney b/c of the hair loss, the symptoms and everything. What should I do? I'm depressed I need a makeover but not if it's going to affect my health.



Help ASAP..Hair fallout from Thyroid, can I still color?

Are you hypothyroid? Are you on medicine for that? If you are hypothyroid you have to take thyroid hormone medicine. Once you do that your hair will stop falling out. When I switched to Armour Thyroid medicine actually my hair started to grow and also, I regrew some new ones! i think coloring will not hurt that much, and getting a good cut too - that can help with hair falling too. I recommend you to treat your thyroid disease for sure and dont go Britney - does not look good on most people! :-) Good luck to you!



Help ASAP..Hair fallout from Thyroid, can I still color?

I would recommend talking to your doctor on this one because you don't want to create more hair loss. I also have had my thinning hair moments and just chopped it all off. I wouldn't want to just tell you to go for it and then you feel worse. Maybe try going to get a nice cut from a good stylist and see what he/she says about the color.



Help ASAP..Hair fallout from Thyroid, can I still color?

My personal advice (if you were my client) I say dont. only because I wouldnt risk it. But of course consult your doctor........



PARIS'



Help ASAP..Hair fallout from Thyroid, can I still color?

ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS consult your doctor when there is a sudden lost of hair. I do not reccomend any type of chemical treatments before going to a doctor. Me personally as a stylist, I would analyze your hair but I would turn you away if you said you had a sudden loss of hair. Once you get your health back and have proof of what's wrong with you and the doctor says it's ok for you to go to a stylist, then you are ok. I believe that by detoxing your body from chemicals, especially man-made chemicals, your body will become healthier. I take vitamins everyday and I eat balanced meals. I also drink alot of water and soy milk. Stay away from sugar, high carbs such as pizza and bread. Stay healthy girl and your hair will be ok.



Help ASAP..Hair fallout from Thyroid, can I still color?

If the hairloss is continuing even after you have your morning TSH around 1.0, I'd think about switching to Armour thyroid. Switching from Levoxyl to Armour stopped my hairloss.

No comments:

Post a Comment