Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Can anybody help me about the best treatment/remedy for my dog's skin disease?

I have a 4month old female Dachshund, and as of now she is suffering from skin irritation as characterized by a wound which has the presence of surface pus %26amp; slight hair-loss within the area. Presently, she has 5 very small %26amp; 3 average-sized wound. She regularly takes her Vitamins, %26amp; bathes twice-a-week.



Can anybody help me about the best treatment/remedy for my dog's skin disease?

They look like hot spots. You should take her to the vet, as they generally need antibiotics to clear them up. Depending on how irritated she is, she may also need a shot of cortisone to damp things down a bit.



Bathing her twice a week may actually be contributing to her skin problems. You really shouldn't be bathing her more than about once every two weeks. Over-frequent bathing disrupts the normal protective barrier of the skin, making the dog more prone to skin infections.



Why does she take vitamins? If you have her on a half-decent dog food, there's no need for extra supplementation.



Can anybody help me about the best treatment/remedy for my dog's skin disease?

It sounds like she has what are called hot spots. You can get medication for hot spots at pet stores. You may want to try that and also give her some vitamin E.



Can anybody help me about the best treatment/remedy for my dog's skin disease?

Take her to the vet. If the vets hands look like that picture, tell him/her to clean under those nails. Dude looks like he just changed a transmission.

No comments:

Post a Comment