Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Headscarves?

Can anyone tell me where I can find information on using headscarves with hair loss after treatment



Headscarves?

Hi there



I typed in " wearing headscarves hair loss" and a number of sites came up with suggestions on different ways to wear them ( too many to cut and paste).



Good luck



Headscarves?

Aren't they the little bandanas that you wear tied at the back, I should think the nurses at the hospital would know about them. It'll do no harm to ask, God bless.



Headscarves?

I am sorry that you are not feeling to good at the moment. I don't know as to whether there is anywhere on the net about that subject.



However, I am just wondering whether you are asking for the same reason as I wanted to wear a scarf in the past.



My reason was because I had to endure a course of radiotherapy, and in turn it made me lose about 3 to 4 inches of hair round the back of my head going on to the neck. I found that I had to be very careful as to what type of scarf I could wear, as if the material was too rough it was excruciatingly painful, as in effect it was going to be rubbing on a very bad burn.



I found that scarves with a satin finish were best, and used to wear it like a polo neck style. Be careful of the stitched edges as they tend to rub too, make sure they are folded inwards.



I hope this helps, and that I assumed rightly.Please forgive me if I was wrong!



Headscarves?

Contact one of the cancer helplines. They have the most experience and will be able to give you the best advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment