Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Hair Loss from Soy Protein / Hyperthyroidism?

I've been working out for the past 10 months, but have only been working out steady (3-4 times per week) for the past 5 months. Coincidently, my hair has been thinning out for the past 5 months as well. I'm, overall, very healthy and I take no medications. The only thing I have been taking has been Soy protein shakes after my workouts (in the past few months or so). I've heard that Soy can trigger thryoidism (where hair loss is a side effect).



Has anyone else experienced something like this? I'm obviously going to try something other than Soy, such as Whey...but has anyone ever dealt with a thyroid problem? Any treatment?



Hair Loss from Soy Protein / Hyperthyroidism?

Soy can trigger the thyroid function if the thyroid was already malfunctioning to a degree. Go get your T4 and T3 levels checked. If they're fine, it may be hereditary. May be stress. May be fungal. May be dermatological condition. Rule out the thyroid first, though.



Hair Loss from Soy Protein / Hyperthyroidism?

my hair also thined out and they said it was my cap,i dont know if they were right i'm bald now.

No comments:

Post a Comment