Saturday, August 1, 2009

What can I do about hair breakage?

I have medium texture african american hair. I have permanantly relaxing it for a long time. I have noticed that my hair is shorter in the back due to breakage, I gather. I know I have been stressed and possibly lacking some vitamins. Obviosly, those issues can be resolved almost instantly. However, I am at a loss about the management of my hair or what can I do to help the regrowth process? Should I perm? Should I wear hair extensions in the back? What hair treatment works best? What can I use or do to stop the breakage altogether? Etc!



I have already trimmed and cut my hair to a considerable length to even out the front with the back. (Still noticeable.)



Thanks in advance for the advice!



What can I do about hair breakage?

I had mine relaxed for 10 years, got tired of the roller coaster, got off, and came up with a better solution.



http://naturalblackhair.tumblr.com/



My story about my hair loss, starting over, and what I learned along the way can be found at: http://naturalblackhair.tumblr.com/



If you get another perm, the cycle will continue, but the breakage won't stop completely, as long as the relaxer is still there. You can't "strip" them either, as I've heard a lot of people say. The best anyone can do with a relaxer is minimize the damage, unfortunately.



If you get extensions, be careful of how they are put in, sewn, glue, ect., that can damage your hair and scalp as well. If left in too long, they might start to "lock."



I put tons of tips on the page link, and I hope that you find something there that can be of help to you.



-be encouraged



http://naturalblackhair.tumblr.com/



What can I do about hair breakage?

Your hair is probably too dry and brittle. If you are dying your hair, straightening it, or curling it with hot irons, stop, because that will do damage to your hair.



I know a shampoo that works really well for better hair, but I don't know if it will work on your hair, but it's best to give it a try. It's called 'Thermasilk' and it works best if you wash in hot water.

No comments:

Post a Comment